Is buying a solid wood bed a good idea?
Wooden beds are more sturdy and durable than metal-framed beds such as a folding bed. "Solid wood" refers to any wood essence cut directly from the trunk and then dried and stabilised to reduce internal torsions that could cause it to bend and twist over time. Hence, given the long lifespan of a wood mattress, it truly qualifies as an investment!
If you are interested in buying a solid wood bed, read along to find out the best pricing and material for a satisfying experience.
Types of solid wood?
Solid woods include teak, oak, Sheesham, and pine. Teak and Sheesham are two distinct tree species that are pretty strong and could be used to construct wood beds. Hardwoods with high durabilities, such as maple, cherry, mahogany, oak, and walnut, are typically the best choices for bed frames. Softwoods such as fir, cedar, and pine are easier to work with but may be less robust.
Pros and Cons of solid wood
- Regarded as "top of the line".
- There is less moisture in the wood, which prevents warping caused by kiln drying.
- Because kiln drying is solid, stable, and better than other quality wood, such as plywood.
- Has withstood the test of time - a process that has existed for thousands of years.
- Aesthetic appeal, better looking than a folding bed.
- Solid wood will contract and expand due to changing seasons and atmospheric humidity despite being kiln-dried.
Things to consider while purchasing a solid wooden bed
While online wooden bed purchases may present entirely new challenges, they will offer you the chance to compare various beds before settling on one at a discounted price and even assists you in fully understanding a bed. This article discusses the top 5 things to consider before purchasing a wooden bed online or offline.
Review Wood Type
Wood Type is the foundation of a bed, and your choice of wood significantly impacts your bed's texture, magnitude, lustre, and durability. A wooden bed price varies according to the wood used to construct the frame.
Choose a Wooden Bed Style
After you've decided on the type of wood, the next step is to determine the style of wooden bed you want. Wooden beds come in a variety of styles, including:
- Platform Bed
- Canopy Bed
- Sleigh Bed
- Day bed
- Storage Bed
Pick a style of wooden bed
The notion that wood and style do not mix has never been more incorrect. Our ancestors would have envied the wooden beds that are available today. How? Let's find out.
- Modern: These beds are both stylish and functional. With no additional decorative elements, these beds complement any room and add to its charm.
- Cottage: A cottage bed with intricate carvings on the headboard is made especially for you if you are fascinated by all things European.
- Mission: Perfect addition to a classy bedroom. This stands out from the other furniture in the room. Thanks to the horizontal lines on the headboard and footboard.
- Traditional: A traditional bed is intended to take you to another era. This bed would undoubtedly draw attention with its distinctly vintage appearance and beautifully polished wood.
- Country: This bed has the potential to give your room a farmhouse feel because of its extra-long headboard and semi-polished wood construction.
Finally, compare multiple websites on a wooden bed price before deciding. Buy from reputable furniture dealers who provide not only incredible discounts but also unparalleled after-sales service and an extensive distribution network. Purchasing a wooden bed from @home ensures that it is made of high-quality, genuine, and legally procured wood.
Top Reasons and Considerations for Buying a Wooden Bed
If you're still on the fence about buying a solid wooden bed, here are some compelling reasons why you should!
Wooden beds are intended for long-term use
When purchasing a bed frame, you should consider its quality, durability, and long-lasting style. There is no denying that a handcrafted wooden bed is more abundant and worth every penny you spend, even though it is the more expensive option.
A timeless piece of furniture in your home, wooden beds is both traditional and opulent. It can be used in various natural, modern classics, and contemporary themes. Their appealing and versatile looks come in multiple sizes, colours, and designs. They can easily fit your space, which makes them one of your best interior design choices.
Offers a good night's sleep
The primary purpose of a bed is to promote sound sleep. So, stay away from cheap substitutes and low-quality materials if you want to sleep soundly for the foreseeable future. You won't look back on your purchase of a handcrafted hardwood bed as anything but wise and safe!
Wooden beds are built to last
Quality wooden furniture is a long-lasting material, and you need not worry about bending or warping because of its inherent strength. Therefore, if you have a hardwood bed in your bedroom, you have made a good investment and can use it for many years if you take care of it.
Reading this, you can conclude that a solid wooden bed is durable, timeless, and frequently exudes elegance and class in your personal space. You can increase your comfort while projecting class in your bedroom if you make the right choice. Furthermore, a wooden bed can be customised to any size or shape you desire!