Ceramic Vs Glass Crockery: Through Analysis To Select Right Crockery
Two intrinsic characteristics of Indians are- loving good food and socialising. Whether it's a small get-together or a major festival, we Indians enjoy serving and eating a large assortment of dishes. On these occasions, we love to show off the crockery collection. The crockery collection ranges from our everyday use crockery set to that stunning crockery set to be taken out for special people or occasions. The crockery, at times, rivals our love for delicious food. And many times, the crockery rivals each other too. These are the times when one is about to buy crockery online in India. The decision of ceramic vs glass crockery is mammoth. After all, both glass crockery and ceramic crockery are equally good. Explore various designs to buy crockery online in India.
So, how to decide the winner in the ceramic vs glass crockery fights? It's simple. Read below our extensive ceramic vs glass crockery analysis to know the features along with the pros and cons of both crockery types to decide.
Ceramic Vs Glass Crockery: Which To Choose?
Ceramic crockery and glass crockery both are frontrunners in the crockery industry. Whenever someone says crockery, either of the two pops into the mind. Even when people buy crockery online in India, they choose either of the two most often. It's no surprise there is always an ongoing ceramic vs glass crockery war. People are always caught in the ceramic vs glass crockery choice.
Therefore, if you plan to buy crockery online in India and can't choose a clear winner of the ceramic vs glass crockery war, we will help you. We have detailed the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of both glass crockery and ceramic crockery . Understanding the benefits and features of both crockery types individually will help to select the crockery suited for your home and needs prudently. Let's begin.
Ceramic Crockery: Features, Pros & Cons
Ceramic crockery is one of the most popular and loved crockery across the globe. Available in various designs, it attracts everyone with its aesthetic appeal. Explore stylish ceramic crockery. Here are the characteristics of ceramic crockery, along with its pros and cons:
Characteristics Of Ceramic Crockery
Ceramic crockery is characterised by the following:
- It is made from natural clay. The clay is heated at extremely high temperatures to harden it.
- Ceramic crockery is available in both glazed and unglazed varieties. The glazing adds a protective layer to the crockery, enhancing its appearance.
- Ceramic crockery is available in an array of designs in numerous patterns and designs.
Advantages Of Ceramic Crockery
The advantages of Ceramic crockery are:
- Durability is made by heating and hardening clay, making it highly durable and sturdy. So, you can use ceramic crockery for special occasions and everyday meals.
- Versatility- Ceramic crockery can be moulded and designed into various patterns. So, you will get unique styles and designs of pieces.
- Heat Retention - Ceramic crockery can retain heat for longer due to its composition. So, when you serve or keep food in it, it stays warm for a long duration, and you can enjoy warm food even during a long meal.
- Microwave Safe - Some ceramic crockery are suitable for microwave usage. So you can cautiously use them in the microwave.
- Budget-friendly - Ceramic crockery is more affordable than other crockeries as it is made from clay.
Drawbacks Of Ceramic Crockery
The drawbacks of Ceramic crockery are:
- Heavy - Ceramic crockery is made from hardened clay, weighing heavier than glass crockery.
- Chipping & cracking - Though ceramic crockery is sturdy and durable, it is still susceptible to cracking or chipping when not handled properly.
- Extra care - If the ceramic crockery is unglazed, it absorbs the oil or masala stain over time. So, it requires extra care while cleaning to avoid it.
Glass Crockery: Features, Pros & Cons
Glass crockery is the most coveted and elegant crockery. The transparent designs with beautiful patterns make it popular for most special occasions. Here are the characteristics of glass crockery, along with its pros and cons:
Characteristics Of Glass Crockery
Glass crockery is characterised by the following:
- It is made of molten silica, lime and soda ash. Then the molten material is shaped and cooled to create beautiful crockery.
- Characterised by its transparent and glossy appearance, it beautifully showcases any dish or food item.
- Along with various designs and patterns, Glass crockery is also available in various colours and textures.
Advantages Of Glass Crockery
The advantages of glass crockery are:
- Formal Elegance - The beautiful designs of glass crockery adds elegance to every dish, food item and table setting. So, it's perfect for special and formal occasions rather than daily dinners.
- Lighter in Weight - When comparing ceramic vs glass crockery weight, glass crockery is lighter than ceramic crockery.
- Easier to clean - Glass is non-porous. So it doesn't absorb odours or stains from the dishes. Hence, it is effortless to maintain and clean vis-à-vis ceramic crockery. It is more suitable for cleaning in the dishwasher.
Drawbacks Of Glass Crockery
The drawbacks of glass crockery are:
- Less Customisation - Though glass crockery is available in a plethora of designs and patterns, ceramic crockery still needs to be more customisable.
- Fragile - Light in weight, glass crockery is comparatively more fragile than ceramics and easily breaks or chips when mishandled.
- Less heat retention - Glass is a good conductor of heat. So, serving or keeping any hot dish in glass crockery gets cold more quickly than ceramic crockery.
The ceramic vs glass crockery choice all depends on your lifestyle, preferences, usage and requirements. Both are equally good, with different usability and features. To choose which is better, consider our ceramic vs glass crockery analysis and compare their pros and cons. Make a judicious selection based on it to complement your lifestyle and preference. Explore Athome to buy crockery online in India.
How Can Paintings Improve Your Room Decor?
Sep 22, 23